LF: NA Last night.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: NA Last night.
From: Joe Craig <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:08:42 -0330 (NST)
Sender: [email protected]
NA was shut down around 0400 to watch for MP.  A complete MP
was received but the next one faded.  A wavy XKO was seen and
John's XES was heard at good CW strength.  John is 1000 miles
away.  After the excitement,  I reactivated the beacon.

Thanks to F1AFJ F5YG and Hartmut for the signal reports.

RX 15 turn square loop, 2m diagonal, 1 pickup turn to a Burhans
preamp (FET + BJT, ~30 dB) to an XCVR that is quite deaf but
very stable on 137 kHz.  The loop is 60 m from the shack to
reduce the noise.   I hope to try a Miniwhip soon.

73
Joe