Re: LF: galloping horses

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: galloping horses
From: Les Thompson <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:58:28 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
In article <[email protected]>, Peter Dodd <[email protected]> writes
[email protected] wrote:

Hear Hear,,,, true I remember as a lad in the late 50s that the effect was
noted as Galloping Horses,,,, The 160 meter band was useless
stateside

I worked W1BB several times from 9L1 on the low end of 160m in 1964. How did he manage it?

Peter, G3LDO

I have a vague memory that Stew had an arrangement with the US Coast
Guard to allow him a noise free slot for some of his record attempts.

Could be an urban myth though but it's going to bug me now until I
have a read through my old RSGB Bulls.
--
Les G8ARF / G3VYZ / RSARS 173