LF: Real QRP tests

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Real QRP tests
From: "Peter Martinez" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:51:17 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
From G3PLX:

If there's anyone within about 500km from me at 54N 3W (i.e. daytime surface wave range) who could transmit a few micro-watts of very stable (preferably GPS-derived) carrier on 136kHz, I would like to run some tests with my new GPS-locked reception scheme to see how low we can go and still detect that there's something there. It may take some time to detect the signal, but with that sort of low power there shouldn't be too much problem with leaving the transmitter on for a day. A quick calculation says that 25mA r.m.s. of antenna current into an average antenna should produce plenty enough signal. That's only 150v rms or so, depending on the antenna. The more stable is the signal, the lower down I should be able to detect it.

Any one for QRPP?

73
Peter G3PLX