Re: LF: Recording of Rugby Loran-C

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Recording of Rugby Loran-C
From: "John RABSON" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:16:52 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:21:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Stewart,

When I
asked the speaker about the pollution he said that he
thought it was confined to +/- 10KHz, and was quite
surprised when I explained about 136KHz. Interestingly
someone from the BBC spoke to me afterward and said
that there was a problem with interference with Radio4
in the Rugby area, that was attributable to the
Loran-C Tx.
The speaker should come on a radio field meet, preferably in the Peak District
or in Yorkshire and have a listen on 87kHz USB.

Anyway, if anyone has a recording I will play it to
the NPL speaker to show him what is going on.
When would you like a recording?  I can ask around.

73
John G3PAI