LF: Re: Recording of Rugby Loran-C

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Recording of Rugby Loran-C
From: "Stewart Nelson" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 01:52:14 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:52:42 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stewart,

The USCG spec for LORAN requires that at least 99% of the
radiated energy be contained within the 90 to 110 kHz band.

Assuming that limits for the 250 kW station at Rugby
are the same, then it is permitted to emit 2.5 kW
pulses of QRM into spectrum licensed to others.

I know of no other service that allows spurious
emissions to be suppressed by only 20 dB.

73,

Stewart KK7KA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stewart Bryant" <[email protected]>