LF: Slow mode comparisons

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Slow mode comparisons
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:50:05 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
This morning, I worked a new station for me (No:103), DL3ZID. He first called me on DFCW3, but was impossible to read. He then changed to QRSS3 which was an improvement, but not 100%. A change to QRSS10 gave a really clear easy-to-read signal. I took screenshots which are on my web site, and these clearly show the difference between the three modes. With marginal signals, I believe that DFCW is slightly poorer than QRSS at the same dot length, because of the added complication of the two frequencies, each of which may have QRM that might be a 'dot'. I think this may be the first time that these three modes have been compared in this way with a 'live' marginal signal. If DL3ZID reads this reflector, my thanks for the QSO and for the opportunity for this comparison.

See the pics at:
http://lf.apersonalguide.co.uk

Mike, G3XDV