Re: LF: Quartz Hill DX aspirations

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Quartz Hill DX aspirations
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:32:42 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi LF,

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Vernall wrote:

There is about 3 hours of mutual dark path between ZL and RU6, and the distance is some 16,500 km. For listeners west of ZL the only reliable time I can advise that ZM2E will be transmitting is from 1515 UTC,when we make a call for RU6LA using FSK60 with frequencies 137.7890/137.7886 kHz (0.4 Hz shift) and content ZM2E ZM2E E, which will take 36 minutes. RU6LA will use the same frequencies and shift, and could reply using FSK120 from 1551 UTC. European listeners could monitor events with a single Argo screen. The mutual dark path ends around 1800 UTC with sunrise at Quartz Hill.

RU6LA is up to 30 dB over noise with bandwidth 0.04 Hz but nothing from
ZL.

73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb