LF: XE Rx operation - Tonight Thursday 02-04z

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: XE Rx operation - Tonight Thursday 02-04z
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:06:35 -0900
Sender: [email protected]

137Khz tonight from Mexico

Uwe Im listening now tonight and tmw Thursday 0200-0400Z +- 135.922 dot 30 slow from square EL60, and at less critical times for Americas stations on 137.777 centre.

DCF39 has been good to strong audible for the past couple of nights but QRN was stronger last night. DCF39 reached S7 on the E probe at around 02z the previous night. Loran lines are strong too but not daunting here on the Mayan Peninsular about 60 miles South of Cancun.

Given the strength of past receptions it shd be possible to pick up a couple of Eu stations given a bit of luck.

So far Ive seen traces of XFX and strong Signals from Part 5 station XDW but cantstay on the air for more than a couple of hours given power/noiz restrictions from the car. Im sitting in a car park about 200 meters from the sea - gentle warm breezed thru the trees!

The L400B is a E probe Hi Z "whip" on top of the car see the clickable photo on http://myweb.cableone.net/flow with the array on top of the Tundra last week from South Texas. It was sold by the LF Engineering company.

Good luck

Laurence XE/KL1X/M