LF: Re: Jason V0.99 with I/Q outputs

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Jason V0.99 with I/Q outputs
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:14:09 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID703JaoNoB0400X28
Hello Staf,

I concur completely with what Wolf has said. Both Yaesu and Kenwood (and I suspect Icom too) have the rig switched to USB when using CW. Just the filter width and its position relative to the theoretical carrier do change. So adding a CW choice to the mode would mean just to duplicate the USB settings, with perhaps just a change of center frequency (in Jason). But this can be easily done manually.

73  Alberto  I2PHD

Wolf DL4YHF wrote:

Hello Staf,

From a technical point of view, there is only USB and LSB in a receiver, "CW" is one of these with additional filtering (and a frequency offset added, the "pitch", usually something like 650...800 Hz). To use your receiver in "CW" mode, you need to find out if that is in fact "USB" or "LSB", and add (or subtract) the CW "pitch" to the display frequency offset. Some rigs have a "CW reverse" mode. What it is, depends on the manufacturer. My old kenwood uses USB for CW and LSB for "CW reverse".