Re: LF: Re: Jason V0.99 with I/Q outputs

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Jason V0.99 with I/Q outputs
From: Wolf DL4YHF <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:36:40 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Staf,

From a technical point of view, there is only USB and LSB in a receiver, "CW" is one of these with additional filtering (and a frequency offset added, the "pitch", usually something like 650...800 Hz). To use your receiver in "CW" mode, you need to find out if that is in fact "USB" or "LSB", and add (or subtract) the CW "pitch" to the display frequency offset. Some rigs have a "CW reverse" mode. What it is, depends on the manufacturer. My old kenwood uses USB for CW and LSB for "CW reverse".

This principle works for all of the mentioned programs. All you need to know is the exact CW "pitch" frequency (which is very precise for digitally controlled rigs).

For transmission, your TRX would have to be switched to USB or LSB anyway...

Best regards,
Wolf  DL4YHF .

P.S.: Thanks Teo for the QSO's - a new one for me, and a new one for DF0WD !

Regards,
Wolf DL4YHF .

Staf Rans schrieb:

Hello Alberto,
Why not include in JASON and SPECTRUM the position A1A? Now there's USB and LSB but I use all-time A1A with a bandpass filter (IF) from 100 Hz. Staf ON6RR