Re: LF: Re: Coil Winding, de J.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Coil Winding, de J.
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:33:18 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Alexander S. Yurkov wrote:
> Since optimum Q in an inductor with solid wire requires an air space between
> adjacent conductors equal to conductor diameter, would it make sense to wind
> a coil with two varnished conductors in parallel and have the conductors in
> tight contact?  The idea of parallel conductors is to lower the Q, space the
> conductors, and make winding the coil easier.

Though it is a good idea.

May be I understand Your idea not right. Two (or more) wires connected
in paralel on the ends can be used if wire is too thin to acive coil
length of 1/2 of a coil diameter when step of wireing is twice of wire
diameter. But anyway space betwin wires should be equal to wire diameter.
Also it is posible to use an additional wire to get a appropriate space
but then additional wire should be removed. If there is no space betwin
wires then Q will decrease. Not too much but...

73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb