Re: LF: FIRE

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: FIRE
From: WE0H Mike <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 22:03:51 -0600
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal,
The cost would be too high just to ship such a large item over the pond unfortunately. Our machine shop certainly could make Delrin wheels but it wouldn't be economically feasible to do this. I like the other guys idea of using PVC standoffs for the trailer. It might just be worth a try to use the rubber tires the way they are and see if they heat up and then to stay under that power level of which they may ignite. Now if you had two trailers with two tall crank up masts of which you could hang an Ashlock loop from, then there wouldn't be a fire issue to deal with. Maybe just try a copper pipe loop in the Ashlock fashion of which it would be rotatable while hanging from a rope from the top of the mast. Probably easier to just find a couple tall trees and take a line and shoot it over them and pull up a wire for a loop. When your done you would only have to pull it down and roll it up and away you go.

I don't recall what the topic was all about. Was this for a portable DX-pedition you are planning? We had a US fellow whom went out for a weekend and strung a flattop vertical between two trees and operated under Part 15 rules for a few days. That would be fun in the spring time out in a meadow with the newly emerging flowers and a picnic basket full of yummy food and maybe a few ails to drink. A nice relaxing day non the less :-)

73's,
Mike
WE0H
WD2XGI