Re: LF: Loops V Verticals

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Loops V Verticals
From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:51:15 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Not a boring diatribe; it is well said.

If a person is truly interested he will persevere  [ when I was 16, the thought that little me ,in the attic of my fathers house in  S.Wales, could at the press of a key alter the potential between two ends of a housewife's wet washing line in far away Texas was so absorbing that I have been making things to do just that ever since]

"Encouragement" can be vastly overdone. The current policy of a well known UK organisation to positively cajole  people into a hobby that is of only passing interest, by making entry almost a form filling exercise has meant that "most of us"  are not attempting any such thing but using radio  as an oral version of internet chat-rooms . That would be fine if it were not on the amateur bands  but we have reached a situation where in fact only a tiny minority "in the amateur radio world are attempting to ask [any] question or demonstrate [ anything ] ......but that does not apply to anyone on this list, which has cheered me no end since I subscribed.

Bryan G3GVB