LF: Re: Re: O copy of RN6BN

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: O copy of RN6BN
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:50:48 +1200
Sender: [email protected]
Ed RU6LA,

My home station receiving setup is an active antenna feeding a TS-850 and
Argo looking at the audio.  The active antenna is a 10 metre insulated pipe
guyed in a tree in the rear corner of my property, there is a high impedance
low pass filter before the first active device, gives essentially broadband
performance within VLF and LF, plenty of gain and balanced shielded feeder
(computer data cable, buried) to the shack.  The TS-850 is in CW mode set
for 270 Hz bandwidth, NB1 on, fast AGC and 800 Hz as centre frequency.  For
unattended operation I run all gear through a constant voltage transformer.
I do not use the 1 Hz tuning step capability as the '850 digital dial only
displays to 10 Hz, and it can be tricky tuning between and being certain
which 1 Hz step applies, so by having the '850 at 10 Hz steps only I do all
fine tuning using Argo.  So for RN6BN with a declared frequency of 137.703
kHz, I set the '850 dial at 137.70 kHz and set Argo for 803 Hz at centre of
the waterfall display.

73, Bob ZL2CA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Lesnichy" <[email protected]>