Re: LF: CT1/G3KEV

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: CT1/G3KEV
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:52:01 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Dave, G0MRF said:

I find that the X-ray machines hate the solid metal base of some morse
keys.
Apparently the density of block of Semtex has a similar effect on
the image displayed on the security monitors.

Can these machines tell the difference between a metal box of components,
such as a rig, ATU or PSU and a solid block of a CW key?
I was more concerned about weight (as the XYL seemed to want to pack her
entire wardrobe) so I used a lightweight CW paddle that was fixed to a
clipboard that contained all the amateur radio papers.
I put all my ham radio gear into a separate small case which I never saw
again until it reluctantly appeared at baggage reclaim. I carried my laptop
and antenna mast (fibre glass telescopic roach pole, used as a walking
stick) as hand luggage. I specifically asked that the laptop didn't go
through the xray machine so that was the only item that got looked at.

Peter G3LDO