LF: 73 KHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 73 KHz
From: "Ian Kyle" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:35:35 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

home is the sailor just last night back from  DL; ES; OH; OZ;  RA &  SM and
ready to mourn the passing of 73KHz as from tonight. After restringing the
couple of broken top loading wires have just tested on both bands and things
appear to be still more or less the way they were before we went cruising
"forn parts", save that the antenna tap for 73 could do with being up a
couple more turns as max O/P is now achieved at 72.1KHz rather than 71.85 -
must have pulled the halyards a bit tighter!

After wading through the 657 messages in the in-box, it looks like there
won't be much of a 'wake' but I shall be available for final skeds right to
the bitter end and just maybe a QSO with KEV, who has not yet appeared in
the log for 73. I wonder which one of us is avoiding the other, Mal?

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted, so let's give it a good send-off. I'll
put out a CQ or two tonight on 72.00 plus or minus a noise line in both
QRSS3 and hand speed just in case.

73 etc,

Ian GI8AYZ/MI0AYZ