LF: Re: Getting wires over trees

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Getting wires over trees
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:55:07 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Walter Blanchard" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 10:31 AM
Subject: LF: Getting wires over trees

Mal,

Forget the bow and arrow; get yourself a high-power crossbow. I have a
200-lb draw one that will put monofilament 50lb fishing line over 100 ft
trees 150ft away and land 300ft beyond it. It is also very accurate and
does
not require you to build up muscle power to draw like a traditional bow
and
arrow. Problem is, you can't reduce its power for smaller trees and
distances so I had to get some less powerful ones (80/150 lbs). Make my
own
arrows from 6 mm copper tubing.
Hi Walter
Send the big one up here. I expect that is an expensive machine for a one
off job hi.  I have been using a catapult but cannot get the proper surgical
rubber long enough for the big thrust. The standard bit of rubber that comes
with the catapults of today is not sufficient for the job and the old
bicycle inner tube these days has no stretch. Years ago with real rubber
they were a terrific source of good elastic for long haul cannon launches
and other things.
Tnx info de Mal/G3KEV

Walter G3JKV.

---