LF: Re: 73kHz/ IEE conference

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 73kHz/ IEE conference
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:34:28 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Jim, John and Mike, well done, though many may not realise, I am sure
that it is efforts like this that gains us some of the priviledges we have.
I remember a collegue of mine in radio bemoaning that his graduates entrants
knew how to solve the equations but didnt know how to get RF "up in the
air".... he finally sent then on a PMR technician course which they enjoyed
immensely. He was an very practical amateur of many years standing. I think
that the professionals always seem to have time for reports of real
practical experiments....maybe a pleasurable relief from all those "hard
sums" !!

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]