Re: LF: final 73Khz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: final 73Khz
From: "Dave Pick" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:10:31 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Jim and all...

I've also made a noise on 73k, worked Jim and Mike, during the QSO with Jim
a family of spiders (now deceased) caused a flash-over in the loading coil
which I had to clear.
I then left a beacon running in QRSS3 with 6wpm I.D.s
That lasted about an hour until an insulator caught fire and the aerial came
down....
It was a nice afternoon so a trip onto the roof to replace the insulator was
no hardship and I'll be back tomorrow morning before the static builds up.
I don't know how long it'll last before something else fails though...
probably a good job we won't be able to operate on 73k much longer... It's
too labour-intensive! I'm sure Mike agrees?

73
Dave G3YXM.

Blew the dust off the 73kHz PA and had some QSOs with other regulars on
the
band this morning - I have been sending beacon signals on 72.35kHz most of
the afternoon,