Re: LF: 73kHz Sat

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73kHz Sat
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:01:02 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Reading the mails with interest I took a listen down on 73kHz with my long wire, having not listened down there for some time. In the 'good old days' soon after we got the band I heard quite a lot of activity, including if I remember right Peter G3LDO at excellent signals. All I here down there is noise from TV SMPSUs and no hope of hearing anything at all - even the 75kHz time standard is not that far above the noise.

That is what is the most significant change in the band over recent years, the rise in TV generated QRM. It affects 136 here as well these days, which limits any operation here to early mornings and weekday daytime (when there is nobody on..).

I guess if the PLT chaps get their way the hf bands will soon be just as bad..

73 Dave G3YMC

[email protected]
http://www.dsergeant.btinternet.co.uk