LF: Re: Grimeton Radio/SAQ transmission 2003-06-29.

To: Lars Kålland <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Grimeton Radio/SAQ transmission 2003-06-29.
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:16:42 +0200
Cc: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>, "W.F. Oorschot" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Lars,

I listened to the SAQ transmissions at 0830 and 1230 UTC ; was  away from home at 1030 UTC.

I had good copy, though keying seemed a bit erratic.

The antenna system for the 136kHz band was used, with an extra capacitance of 26nF in parallel with the tuning/matching coil to make the system more or less resonant at 17.2kHz. The receiver was a Wandel & Goltermann selective level meter type SPM-12, connected to a tap near the bottom of the coil. The signal at the input of the SPM-12 was 4.4 microvolt.

I did not hear SA6Q on 137.7kHz or 14215kHz when I listened around 1300 UTC.

Many thanks to the Grimeton crew for keeping SAQ operational and bringing the old transmitter on the air!

73, Dick, PA0SE