LF: Re: Grimeton Radio/SAQ transmission 2003-06-29.

To: Lars Kεlland <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Grimeton Radio/SAQ transmission 2003-06-29.
From: "Alex Deligiannis" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:09:14 +0300
Sender: <[email protected]>

Sir,

     SAQ received only 2 DBs above noise this year. Actually the noise
was -85 and up to-75 DBm.
I didn't copy all the message by ear... but I have a lot of MBytes in
the HD and with the help of gram I can analyze and analyze the hole
transmission.

The first transmission at 08:30 I didn't copy at all, I was at my QRL
and using a SKANTI transceiver with a HF dipole converted to a Tee
Vertical I heard only the SMPSUs, computer monitors and the neon
lamps....

The second and third transmission received at my QTH with two systems.
A- 31m wire in the clear and psophometer as amplifier-conditioner
feeding the sound card
B- Vertical big loop 80m with SIEMENS Selective Level Meter.
 Result can be seen in the attached file.

I wandering if the propagation was not so good or if you feeding the
aerial with less current.

Thank you all of you  for the 2003 SAQ transmission.

73's
ALEX DELIGIANNIS SV8QG
Lesbos Is KM39gc
Mytilene
GREECE GR811.00

Lars some explanations about the spectogram...

The SAQ (-54DB) signal is between JXN (-51BD) at 16.4KHz and HWU (-32BD) at 18.3 KHZ
The line at 1200 Hz at the bottom of the spectogram is the SAQ signal from the second receiver (SLM + loop antenna)