LF: Re: SAT

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: SAT
From: "Stewart Nelson" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 15:09:23 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Mal and all,

If you can receive an analog program from the same satellite, use that
to align your dish, etc.  If you have no sparklies, or only a few, the
signal should be good enough for digital.

Most digital receivers have an LED or onscreen indicator for sync.
If this is off, make sure your transponder frequency and sample rate
are entered correctly.  Make sure you are using the correct polarity,
and LNB band if applicable.  If the LO in your LNB is off frequency,
you may be able to get a lock by entering a transponder frequency 2 or 3
MHz above or below the actual.

If the sync indicator is on, and you still can't get the program,
it may be encrypted with a system for which you have no CAM.
Check lyngsat, satcodx, or a recent satellite TV magazine.
Some signals don't have an accurate directory - you may need to
enter the PIDs manually.  If your receiver doesn't permit this, you
are out of luck.

73,

Stewart