LF: Re: SAT

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: SAT
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 12:36:43 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
hamilton mal wrote:

I need some sort of device to accurately point the dish towards the
satellite. The normal procedure used for analogue pointing does not seem to
work for digital.
Some sort of rapid reaction meter is needed inline between the lnb and RX.
I could make one if I had a suitable cct. I do not have a spectrum analyizer
for the ghz freqs otherwise that would be the answer.
73 de Mal/G3KEV

When aligning my dish, I bought a small box, which you insert between the LNB and the cable, no need for batteries, as it takes power from the LNB supply voltage. It has a needle meter, and a buzzer with a sensitivity control. You first aim the dish with a couple of degrees of accuracy, then do a fine positioning either looking at the needle or listening to the buzzing tone. It has a very sharp maximum when the disk alignment is optimal, i.e. the signal strength is peaking.
The price was reasonable, if memory serves it was around 20 Euro.

73  Alberto  I2PHD