LF: Re: SV: REAL CW

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: SV: REAL CW
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:05:43 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
SM5EUF wrote:

So there is low activity on 136 afterall !!!!!!!!!  Then how do you think it
is "up" here in SM ? I have about 3 stations (that I know of) within a
radius of 250km. To Denmark it is 500km which equals the distance between
London and Edinburgh. Within this radius I could imagine that there is below
10 stations more or less active.
The lack of activity was the reason for sending a mail to the reflector on
april 17 concerning a try to concentrate the activity to certain times. This
mail has been completely ignored on the reflector so I thought this was no
problem and that the band was always crowded and I (and my receiver) are
totally deaf although DCF is 25-30dB over S9 !!!!

Unfortunately I can only be QRV on LF from my summer-QTH due to space and
noise problems. Until today I have been out there about 8 weekends this
year, listening and calling CQ for hours each time, only broken up by coffee
break. This has resulted in that I have worked all the stations I have heard
with a grand total of one (1) QSO and that was DL2HRE which was worked in
january.

Now the low activity has solved itself very easily for me as the antenna has
fallen down.
========

Urban,

There is CW activity every weekend, and some weekdays. Just take a look at
my web site to see what I hear in between monitoring for QRSS.

I have heard you calling CQ and have called you many times. I have also
heard several German stations calling you. Perhaps you suffer from local
noise? There are several UK stations with much higher ERP than me that you
should be able to hear. Maybe some skeds would help.

Your recent e-mail suggested some times to concentrate activity, but these
are already times when there is activity, so perhaps that is why you did not
get any comments.

I wish you better luck next winter.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net