LF: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: ADSL EMC with LF operation?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: ADSL EMC with LF operation?
From: "Dave Brown" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:35:59 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
snip
(only BT here in
the UK offers "engineer assisted" as they own the "local loop").

But they don't own the house wiring, do they?
Any good reason why you cannot install an 'engineer assisted' wiring
arrangement yourself, John?

Here in ZL the 'engineer assisted' variation is one option- the other being
DIY-however and whatever you want-any and all resulting problems with either
service being yours to deal to as well!
Naturally the recommended method is to replicate the 'engineer assisted'
installation but not all bother.

Just before I left Telecom NZ a month or two ago I had been carrying out
extensive testing into the vulnerability or otherwise of ADSL- believe me,
it is VERY robust, especially downstream. I expect your main problem at 136
kHz would be related to the susceptibility of the ADSL modem in the general
EMC sense, rather than any ADSL specific issues.
73
Dave
ZL3FJ