Re: LF: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: ADSL EMC with LF operation?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: ADSL EMC with LF operation?
From: "Stewart Bryant" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:14:31 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
John

This is actually an important topic, since our own
installation, or that or our neighbours may have an
impact on operating.

To clarify Dave's point, the service provider ownes
the first point of attachment in the home, so only they
can legally replace this for an ADSL suitable interface
(even assuming that you can get one).

In my case, the ADSL entered the house via an overhead
line, and then crossed within the outer area of the
loft to the interface box. At this point it was within
15 feet of my G5RV which I occasionally used on 136KHz.

What you might be able to do on your own installation
is to put the ADSL router on the house master socket
and then put a low pass filter in line with the
telephone connection to the rest of the house. Presumably
you could use one of the socket filters to do this.

Stewart