LF: Re: ADSL EMC with LF operation?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: ADSL EMC with LF operation?
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:55:41 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Can anyone advise on the basis of experience as to whether there are any
problems with either "Wires only" or "Engineer installed" ADSL
installation
and the co-siting of one's LF station (or even HF Station come to that!).
73 John, G3WKL

Not quite what you asked, but it may be helpful: I use a cable modem here
(from NTL) which gives me 'always on' at 128kb (upgradable easily to 1Mb)
which seems to be four times faster than my '56k' dial-up. The modem is 1m
from my LF Tx and 4m from the antenna. I have so far not experienced any
problems to or from my LF station. Of course the cable is coaxial which
helps. The modem is in a plastic case, but this is silver coloured and may
have some metallic properties.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net