LF: Re: ZL6QH - VE7

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: ZL6QH - VE7
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 17:39:34 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve McDonald" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2002 4:57 PM
Subject: LF: ZL6QH - VE7

Copied the best signals yet from ZL6QH last night. Their signal showed up
at
0833Z, shortly after midnight and was strong all night, peaking shortly
before sunrise. It abruptly faded about 10 minutes after sunrise (just
before the large noise burst visible on the screen capture). I was rather
surprised at the strength of their signal since LF condx here have been
terrible to say the least. For the past 2 nights (including last night) I
have not been able to hear a trace of anything east of Manitoba (VE4) with
respect to NDB prop indicators. My usual Ontario powerhouses are nowhere
be found. Apparently the Pacific path is not overly affected by the
present
coronal hole stream impacting E-W propagation from here.

Here is the last capture including the dawn dropout. Please note that my
R75
inverts the audio so the 'dits' are above the dashes. As well, the clock
is
5 minutes fast.

http://www.imagenisp.ca/jsm/ZL6QH%2012%2028.jpg

Steve / VE7SL

Hello Steve.

What you were receiving looks like the gibberish that I received at about
the same time this morning, not really very legible except you have a lot of
imagination, but the acty was on the ZL frequency.
73 de Mal/G3KEV