LF: Re: 73kHz T/A

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 73kHz T/A
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 00:39:34 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
John & Dexter

My! that's quick feedback. My frequency counter says 72.40043

John's recordings show the usual after midnight fade. I have just been down
to the transmitting shed and all looks OK except that the antenna current is
down.
I am not sure what causes the variation in current but the transmitter
parameters are stable so the change must be due to environmental effects. I
checked it at 1600rs today and the antenna current was up to 4.6amps. All
this evening the current has been around 3.9amps during the test
transmissions.
The weather is stable with a cold dry eastern wind - temperature in shack
around 1 degree c.
I have noticed these changes before and its not to do with day or night.
When I was last seen in the USA the current was up to 4.3 amps.
I am looking at tide tables! The sea is about 400m south of my QTH

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>