LF: 73kHz T/A

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 73kHz T/A
From: "Laurie Mayhead" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:48:37 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,
Like Peter I found last night exciting. I saw good signals on Dex's capture
at 2350 when I was about to close down and go to bed. So I decided to stay
up !
I had tweaked  the trimmer that tunes the xtal in the DFCW oscillator, in
order to avoid Mikes transmission.
This was a big mistake since the oscillator which has been stable for a year
or more started to drift up and down. This was worsened when I decided at
about 0240 to shift down again to get into Johns passband. Still good
captures from both John and Dex. Interesting to see that signals a bit
stronger at Johns location (a lot nearer than Dex), first time I have had
reports from two T/A locations at the same time. Thanks also to Jose and
Alberto for reports. Will have to check Kp for the period.
Now I have to stabilise that oscillator, don't think I will shift again !
looks like I'm stuck at  .401
.Now I need some sleep !!! I finally got to bed about 0400 (transmission
ceased at 0640) but I would'nt have missed it .
73 Laurie