LF: Re: 73kHz T/A

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 73kHz T/A
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:18:46 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
G3AQC wrote:
I had tweaked  the trimmer that tunes the xtal in the DFCW oscillator, in
order to avoid Mikes transmission.
This was a big mistake since the oscillator which has been stable for a
year
or more started to drift up and down.
looks like I'm stuck at  .401

Sorry to have inadvertantly caused a problem. My ERP is so tiny that I
really didn't expect to achieve anything (though I have always attempted the
'impossible' in amateur radio and have sometimes been surprised by a
success). I can transmit anywhere in 0.25Hz steps, so I will try to avoid
72.401 in future.

In the meantime, I may be QRT for a while on 73kHz as my antenna current is
now zero. Not yet investigated yet but the antenna works fine on receive, so
I suspect that the FETs did not like 360s dashes!

I really like the Argo screen shots posted by W4DEX and W1TAG. They provide
almost real time feedback. Now I have an 'always on' connection to the web I
may try posting my own screen when the rig is not in use.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net