LF: Empfanger banger

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Empfanger banger
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:43:59 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Everyone so far has guessed correctly. The above machine EE430 is in fact an Eddystone made in England. It does not look like the conventional Eddystone receivers. It is a heavy solid RX and works very well on both cw and ssb. I do not have a h/book but it appears to use a phase locked system and very stable. Its not that much bigger than a FT1000 but a bit older !!
Most of these ex surplus receivers work better on LF than the average modern transceiver except you have a preamp up front.
I have found the IC 706 very poor on LF receive except you have a very good LF resonant antenna
and a front end preamp. A 706 with a Decca preamp works, The Yaesu Ft  847 is not very good either on LF, both these models suffer from lack of sensitivity. Both models tested have the proper narrow cw filters fitted. All other transceiver models available on the market that cover LF seem to work better. I have tested most of them. The Level meter receivers are very good on LF especially the synthised type for stability, but you need a large shack, they are usually big and heavy !!
73 de Mal/G3KEV