LF: 73kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 73kHz
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:37:27 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
On the third attempt, MI0AYZ and I have completed a two-way 73kHz QSO
using QRSS10. We are both running QRP at around 25mW ERP. This brings my
two-way country total to 4 (G, GD, GU and GI) which I believe is a record
for this band. As far as I know, only one other country has been active -
GW - but I could not have worked that station because it was me! Ian has
generated some much needed interest in the band recently, and he has almost
run out of people to work.

Drunk with this success, and very much as a long shot, I will transmit 'XDV'
for DX viewers at the same time as Peter tonight at 2200 on 72.401kHz. This
will take just over an hour at QRSS120. My best one-way DX has been IK5ZPV
who copied my QRSS3 a couple of years ago at 1200km.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net