Re: LF: 73kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73kHz
From: "Dexter McIntyre W4DEX" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:08:28 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike and Peter,

I completed the move of my best receive loop to hopefully a quieter
location.  It is now about 100 meters from the house.  I am still
receiving QRN from a few storms about 500 km to my south east. However
the strikes are not very frequent so maybe if your signals do make it
this far Argo will be able to pull them out.
I will do periodic uploads of my screen to:

http://www.w4dex.com/argo/72khz.jpg

The window I am watching is 72.4000 to 72.4015

GL,
Dex

Mike Dennison wrote:

Drunk with this success, and very much as a long shot, I will transmit 'XDV'
for DX viewers at the same time as Peter tonight at 2200 on 72.401kHz. This
will take just over an hour at QRSS120. My best one-way DX has been IK5ZPV
who copied my QRSS3 a couple of years ago at 1200km.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net