LF: Re: Earth resistance

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Earth resistance
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 00:25:23 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Earlier I said

The weather in the last few days has been very wet and the lawn is
saturated. The maximum antenna current is 3 amps and that is after I have
adjusted to matching transformer to try and compensate for chang in
losses.
Furthermore the current variation over the 24 hour period is not apparent.

At the moment I am transmitting on 72.4kHz (0020 Tuesday). It is drizzling
and the humidity is high. The antenna current started off at 3 amps and has
now climbed up to 4amps. I am not sure if this is due to some drying out
effect of the coil or the rising tide. I will make a similar test in the
morning when the tide will be out.
Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>