Re: LF: EARTH RESISTANCE

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EARTH RESISTANCE
From: "Ralph Lane" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 07:39:22 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Sorry about that. Here is the test of my message:

Ralph

"Ground Conductivity Test" is from the ARRL Antenna Handbook...

The book I have is from 1994....and it is on page 27-35 that's chapter 27 page 35........

Conductivity Soil, Measurement of....

It takes 4 rods.......9/16" diameter and 14 inches long these 4 rods are driven into the ground 18 inches apart in a straight line......drive them in 12 inches...

One side of the 120 AC line to a 100 watt light bulb...the other side of the bulb to a 14.6 ohm resistor.........they say to make up the resistor by paralleling 5 of them...3 of which are 68 ohm 1 watt....the other 2 are 82 ohm 1 watt......then the other end of the resistor goes to rod #1 .......the other side of the AC line goes to the farthest rod.....

You now have two AC voltage test points......V1 is across the resistor. V2 is voltage measured between rods #2 and #3.....

In general these two voltages they say should be from 2 to 10 volts......

Formula for calculation is......

C = 21 x V1/V2

This gives you the Millisiemens per meter