Re: LF: TEX/CAL

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TEX/CAL
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:24:40 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 6:59 PM

Dear Mal, LF Group,

At 17:33 09/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>One other that was active has gone QRT, likewise the only station in
>Scotland and a couple in Wales have also gone QRT, that leaves only a few
>English stations still on air in the UK.
>Hardly encouraging news on the LF scene, the same seems to apply to EU.
>The only acty I hear these days is from PA, DL and occassionally the odd
>ON, F and SM pops up.
>Considering that I worked 23 countries a couple of years ago LF is
>certainly in decline, and no new countries seem to be emerging, apart
from
>the odd weekend Russian station.
>Room for thought
>de Mal/G3KEV

Yes it is worrying - there used to be a G3 station somewhere up near
Scarborough with quite a good LF signal, but I haven't heard him in ages.
wonder what could have happened to him?

Do you miss me Jim ?  If you give up on LF that would be the end for
England. I think you are the only one left flying the flag.
Dont forget we had a recent QSO when I was over in Tyrone/GI3KEV. I had the
station on air for 3 weeks and only heard/worked about 3 stations. Big
change from a couple of years ago, then it was pileups galore.
I also work HF when over there and that has never changed. When I fire up
especially on CW I find it difficult to get away because of the demand for
Tyrone/Ireland for the different certificates and awards being collected. I
usually work about 50 one after the other dx fashion then have a break to
let the KEY cool down !!!!! I could do with a QSL manager, especially if I
move over there.
The LF rig here is fully operational, but I have worked everybody a dozen
times over and am waiting for some new countries to emerge and Uncle Sam to
fire up!!
73 de Mal/G3KEV

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU