LF: Re: ICOM 706 Mk2

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: ICOM 706 Mk2
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:26:07 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brenda Hayes" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 8:25 AM
Subject: LF: ICOM 706 Mk2

I use my IC706 as signal source for the 180 KHz transmitter, dividing by
100 from the 18 Mhz band - and it works like a charm {our ZL band is
165-190 kHz}.

At some stage I believe that our allocation will be extended to include
the
136/137 region and would like to use this same divide by 100 scheme,
starting in the 13.6 Mhz region. My problem is that the 706 will not
transmit below 13.9 MHz.  I have been told that a simple "mod" will cure
things. Can anyone tell me what to do? One story told of cutting a yellow
wire somewhere but the details were a bit vague and may have been for a
totally different reason.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Brenda.
If you go to QRZ.COM web site you will find the info to mod your 706 for
general coverage.
Dividing down from 13.6/13.7 mhz by 100 works well and is stable enough for
most applications like QRS. Stability depends on temperature environment.
For QRS  leave the rig switched on some hours before use and in a warm room
NOT in an outside garden shed !!
73 and GL de Mal/G3KEV

Kevin
ZL4MD