LF: Re: E-field antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: E-field antennas
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:36:57 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Johan Bodin wrote:

Dear All,

Giulio Scaroni wrote:

> So i'm planning to made an Amrad antenna, i have send a request at
> Crystalonics for high current FET.

Has anyone tried a small power MOSFET as input stage in an active
antenna? I am thinking of BS170, 2N7000 and similar transistors.

I tried a VN10KM, a VMOS by Siliconix. When adequately biased
(it is an enhancement MOS) it works, but, in my opinion, the intermodulation
products, though low, could be a bit lower (but take note that as far as
intermod
is concerned, I am a difficult man to please..:-).
I am waiting for the order of Giulio to Crystalonics to be fullfilled, so to
build
myself the AMRAD active whip.

73  Alberto  I2PHD