Re: LF: Oscillator Stabilty for QRSS?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Oscillator Stabilty for QRSS?
From: "Tom Boucher" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:10:43 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Steve

Buy one of the ceramic (as opposed to quartz) resonators in the 2.5 MHz
region and use in a VXO circuit. About 100pF variable gives me band
coverage. Divide by 18 for 136 output, any drift is also divided by 18.
It's nice and stable for normal CW operation but I have never actually
measured its stablilty so have no idea if good enough for QRSS.

73, Tom G3OLB

In message <000a01c242fb$2b68ace0$7211f4cc@jsm>, Steve McDonald
<[email protected]> writes
Perhaps someone who has already 'been there' can offer their advice. I would like to start building the exciter stages for what will be my 136KHz tx