LF: RE: Bandplan

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Bandplan
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:35:17 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dick,  the current IARU agreed bandplanning for 136kHz is now out-of-date and a new set of Guidlines has been adopted by RSGB and sent to IARU for discussion at their Region 1 Conference in San Marino in a few months time.  The details of the RSGB proposal is at http://www.g3wkl.freeserve.co.uk/lf/136kHz.html - as you will see it is based very much on the excellent suggestion on Geri's site.  I did publicise this a while ago on the reflector, but I guess not everyone saw it.

If you believe that VERNON can support this proposal, then it would be appropriate to publish the details of the proposal as RSGB did earlier this year when they issued their annual update on amateur bandplans.

Over the last year I have been supporting LF discussions within the External Relations Committee of  IARU Region 1.  This has recently been formalised with my election onto the committee as LF Coordinator for Region 1.

Hope that the above helps

73 John, G3WKL