LF: Re: Bandplan

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Bandplan
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:32:50 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dick PA0SE wrote:
I will use the suggestion by Geri, DK8KW, with a remark that it has not the
status
of an official bandplan but should be regarded as a suggestion that has been accepted by most, but not all, users of the LF band.
I will also add some remarks made by Mike, G3XDV, in a direct e-mail to me.

This is partially true.  Dick should also look on the RSGB LF site
(http://www.g3wkl.freeserve.co.uk/lf/lf_index.htm) where he will find the
proposed
voluntary bandplan which is to be ratified by IARU region 1 later this year.
This
bandplan (which I think is identical to Geri's apart from some extra comments)
was
published in RadCom April 2002 with the comment:
'No rigid band plan is proposed for the 136kHz band, but amateurs are asked to
work
within the following conventions, giving long-distance communications and
experimentation priority'

By and large this is consistent with current band practice.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.dsergeant.btinternet.co.uk