LF: polarization of small loops

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: polarization of small loops
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:36:47 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF group,

I have been looking for some information about the polarization of small loops, but no success.

For full-size loops things are quite clear, a loop can be polarized horizontal or vertical depending on the feeding point.

What about small loops ?
I found several descriptions of small transmitting loops close to ground and there loops were fed at different places (center horizontal side, at the edges). Polarization seems to be vertical in all cases. And what about a small loop is free space ? Current distribution is uniform over the entire loop, regardless of the feeding point. So one would expect always the same polarization (but which one ?). Unless also the voltage distribution plays a role.

Anyone who can point me to the right theory and/or has experience with feeding small loops at different points ?

Thanks in advance,

Rik   ON7YD