Re: LF: Re: Activity from DLF´s 360m mast

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Activity from DLF´s 360m mast
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:34:26 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 2:21 PM

I don't think it is a matter of impressing someone but just of taking a
chance to experiment,

How could you consider this as an experiment, the outcome is obvious, a big
signal from a commercial antenna installation. This is not amateur radio
experimentation on LF.
By all means have a fun day out but dont try and justify this as any sort of
achievement on LF.
Time spent on improving one's own installation would be more appropriate.
And as a matter of fact I have connections on commercial sites with similar
antennas and would not even think about it. What credit could I claim for a
a signal on 73/136 khz swamping the band at hundreds of DB's over S9
I can span the Atlantic with my home antenna installation and home built
transmitter on 136 khz.
I wonder what next is about to hit the LF scene!!!!!
G3KEV

G3KEV

and isn't this what LF is all about ?
Nobody is obliged to participate and the activity is very restricted in
time, so apart from one or two "wounded ego's" no harm will be done.
Good luck to Walter and his gang ...

73, Rik  ON7YD

PS : Keeping in mind the RX problems at "big antenna" sites that occured
in
the past it might be useful to have a RX site at some distance (1..2 km)

At 13:26 16/07/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello LF'ers,
>And you will still not be ( Or ever will be ) as potentialy efficient as
>MM0ALM Dave Nr Stonehaven ever was! If you have to use the aid of
Commercial