Re: LF: RE: PART 2

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: PART 2
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:22:37 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Bill, LF Group,

At 12:34 31/05/2002 -0400, you wrote:
PS: I was working in some numbers last night for a "loop antenna designer
gone wild" scenario with 100w input. Using the max size for a loop of 1WL at
136k the width could be .65 mi and a height of 100ft.

Compare with what Reino, OH1TN uses - a LW antenna 28m high and 500m long, self-resonant close to 136k (see http://gamma.nic.fi/~oh9ufo/136ant.gif). I don't know if anyone has tried to measure the ERP, but with 100W TX power, he certainly puts out one of the best signals around.

If we all had antennas like this, 1W ERP would be too easy!

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU