LF: Re: RE: PART 2

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: PART 2
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 19:00:23 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ashlock,William" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 5:34 PM
Subject: LF: RE: PART 2

You can laugh now, but don't say I didn't warn you to stay away from those
antenna terminals once we start rocking and rolling over here at 136 -
loopwise, that is!  ........ because that's the only smoke that will be
seen
from this 'neck of the woods'. <G>

Have a good weekend!

Bill

PS: I was working in some numbers last night for a "loop antenna designer
gone wild" scenario with 100w input. Using the max size for a loop of 1WL
at
136k the width could be .65 mi and a height of 100ft. (This is not that
outlandish if someone owns a farm and has access to surplus wire)  I
calculated an ERP near 100 watts, which is dynamite power at LF!  At HF of
course this is nothing. One can see the reason for the ERP cap, even at
100w
input, though most guys at 1KW have a challenge reaching 1W ERP with a
typical vertical. Seems like there should be a point where the efficiency
drops off, however, when a loop reaches such a wide aspect ratio that it
begins looking like a big folded diopole.

Good observation Bill, its back to the Vertical for big time!!