LF: RE: Re: loops

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: loops
From: "Ashlock,William" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:44:21 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mal,

From Dave G3YMC
I notice this series resistance figure was not given in G3KEV's recent
mail, it is by far the
most important characteristic of a transmitting loop.

What's the story, here? The world is waiting! That snow and high winds
shouldn't deprive us. <G> BTW: Maybe if I can get the loop article figures
to you it would help. I'm working on it. If you have a BFC (no!: Big Ferrite
Core) just drop your 50 ohms to ~1 ohm, at the base of the loop, with a 7T
primary. Place your resonating capacitor bank in series with the 1T core
secondary and the loop wire. This amounts to a series resonance connection.
May have concede a few watts to stay within the voltage limits of your mica
capacitors but......... what's a few watts amongst friends; right?

Bill A

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned for
the presence of known computer viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre. However, it is still recommended that you use
local virus scanning software to monitor for the presence of viruses.