LF: Re: loops

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: loops
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:56:19 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Rik ON7YD wrote:
Assume you gave a loop with a radiation resistance of 1 milli-Ohm and a
loss of 5 Ohm

I hope that is just an example.  If you really have a transmitting loop with a
series
R of 5 ohms you are wasting your time.  Mine has a dc resistance of around 0.1
ohms,
and an effective series resistance once earth coupling losses and skin effect
are
taken into account of 0.65 ohms.  I notice this series resistance figure was not
given in G3KEV's recent mail, it is by far the most important characteristic of
transmitting loop.

See my website where all these things are explained.

Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.dsergeant.btinternet.co.uk