Re: LF: Re: RE: Re: Trees as antenna supports

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: RE: Re: Trees as antenna supports
From: "Tom Boucher" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:23:01 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
One thing puzzles me Bill, if you are slinging wires over the tops of
trees which are close together, how are you adequately insulating the
wire from the branches? My 1100 ft long wire is carefully suspended by 8 halyards over 8 trees
around the perimeter of a field. In places I have had to install further
insulators and pull-cords to stand the wire away from the trees. Quite a
struggle to get it well clear of all the branches and I have 10 inch
ceramic insulators on each halyard. Not sure I would like to stick 700
watts into it if it wasn't well insulated.

73, Tom G3OLB

Don't think a fishing rod would work too well if you were standing in the
middle of a forest and had only a small opening in the branches, overhead,
to shoot a projectile through. I used to think that placing a loop wire in
this situation would be impossible; not now.

--
Tom Boucher
Telemetry Consultants Limited